Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nagoya Woodworker's Exhibit, May 11th - 16th.

Hello friends and readers, I don't get to the blog much, but I hope you check out the photos. I will update those too when I get new projects done that are worth
showing. I appreciate your observations.
I am now prepping for my first furniture exhibit outside of Niigata prefeture. I am participating in a national woodworker's exhibit, in Nagoya, May 11th - 16th. There are 11 different exhibits scattered within the city, each with its own theme. I am scheduled to show in the "Mori no Megumi" (blessings of the forest) exhibit, and the "100 Chairs" exhibit. Mori no Megumi is a 'show only,' 'no-sales' exhibit, and therefore I have decided to honor the theme, to have some fun with it, and not concentrate on saleable works only. I am working particularily on a chair and a lamp stand made of zelkova (elm) branches, also a low round table with a suspended light. I will enter photos of those on the blog once the show is under way - or afterward, knowing me!
Don't hesitate to visit me in Nagoya during the show! http://woodworkers.jp/
I appreciate you viewing my work. Please contact me. e-mail: r.jokela@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Russell:

    You're no doubt in Central Japan by now...

    Good luck? at the exhibit: Watch, learn and meet fellow craftsmen.

    And have FUN!

    Great blog, BTW. Will be checking in time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Russell, your work is beautiful! No suprise, I had the pleasure of being in an art class with you and owning a madrona wood combustion creation of yours. I passed that along to one who would continue to enjoy it - I would love to have one of your creations around me in the future.

    ReplyDelete