Friday, November 25, 2011

New Woodtrees, 2011

The Elves and I have finished 123 new Woodtrees for the Holiday Season! For the first time I have applied Seasonal colors to a few of the Trees, just to see how people like them. The story goes that my Finnish/American grandparents had a small one of Christmas colors, made of narrow slats of wood and a wire running up out of a thread spool. I remembered that from my childhood and have been making about 50 of them every year since 2003. This year they are for sale in several shops and my workshop at 12,800 japanese yen. They are appreciated for the naturalness of materials, the variations of natural wood colors, and the fact that the parts can turn into quite a variety of shapes - as seen in the photo, for example. Please contact me if you are interested in the Woodtree! Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment